Captain Planet by Mindscape
Oil Spills, air pollution, endangered animals. The award winning TV show Captain Planet and the Planeteers has turned saving the Earth's environment into the ultimate adventure. And now, it's your turn to go up against the most dangerous enemies our environment has ever faced - Looten Plunder, Duke Nukem, Hoggish Greedly, Dr.Blight and more. The forces of Earth, Fire, Wind, Water and Heart are yours. Put them together and become Captain Planet. Your Eco-copter is waiting.
Promotional Posters & Advertisements
Note: Many of these instructions have been OCRed and may not have been proofread, as a result spelling errors, broken English and grammar are likely.
Amstrad Version Keys
O = left (in space)
Sly Sludge TM
The prince of pollution SLY SLUDGE TM is using CFC balloons and rockets to destroy the Earth's protective ozone layer. His plan is to turn the whole planet into a huge sun resort so that he can build hotels and beaches. This evil plan will ruin the earth as we know it. It is up to YOU to foil these maniacs evil scheme and help WHEELER TM to deactivate the CFC rocket.
Looten Plunder TM
LOOTEN PLUNDER TM has stolen the dolphins for his evil experiments! The deranged villain Plunder has imprisoned the dolphins and is planning to poison them with oil waste. YOU must help GI TM to set fhe dolphins free and destroy the barrels with their deadly contents.
Doctor Blight TM
DOCTOR BLIGHT TM is setting fire to the rain forest to clear space for her plutoniurn mining Operation. Her warped mind has come up with aeroplanes that drop parachute fire bombs indiscriminately. LINKA TM is already there helping the animals to flee and YOUR help is need to put out the fire before it is loo late.
15 ways to help save the Earth
1) Whenever possible use cloth towels instead of paper ones to clean up spills or dry hands.
2) Don't waste energy! Keep doors and windows closed when the heating is on.
3) Use both sides of scrap paper.
4) Plug electrical equipment into the mains rather than using batteries wherever possible.
5) Use daylight - it's free and does not pollute.
6) When using art materials remember they are made from the earth's treasures. Have fun with them and try not to waste them.
7) Tell your teacher you would like to start a recycling centre in school.
8) Use both sides of scrap paper and exercise book pages.
9) Find places that can use your old toys' books and games. Give them to libraries, hospitals or the Salvation army.
10) Use your own bag when you go shopping.
11) On short trips ride your bicycle or walk instead of using the car.
12) Take time to put rubbish lying on the ground into rubbish bins.
13) Do not buy anything made from ivory, tortoise shell, coral, reptile skins or furs. These usually corne from endangered species.
14) Cut the plastic rings from pocks of canned drinks with scissors before you throw them away. In the water they are hard to see and many animals get caught in them.
15) Products such as plastic bags fishing lines or polystyrene foam can be deadly to wildlife.
About Captain Planet