Dizzy by Codemasters
Synopsis: Dizzy was exploring the haunted forest, looking for berries, flowers and a piece of wood with which to make a club when he uncovered a mystifying stone slab. Brushing the dirt asside he was able to read (after a great deal of head scratching) the faint inscriptions. The Avawiffovee Potion Dizzy remembered his Eggfather had spoken of such a potion, 'it is the only way to rid our land of athletes foot, and it can also be used to destroy the Evil Wizard Zaks.` Dizzy trembled with fear as he recalled those words. Zaks brought fear to the village, he cast spells that turned people old, made men blind and caused it to rain every Sunday afternoon during Cricket. Dizzy was determinded to put a stop to all this, he would be the hero of the yolkfolk. He read on. "Fill a potion bottle with cooked leprechauns wig, clouds silver lining, Vampire dux feather and some troll brew - cook the potion and throw it at Zaks to dissolve his reign." He covered it up and quickly made ready to liberate the land of Katmandu.
Showing the first 6 screens:
To enlarge an image simply click the thumbnail above, for the complete Dizzy gallery click here.
Original Advertising and Promotional Work
Sorry we do not have any marketing images for this title, it could be true that this title was never actively advertised by its publisher or that we simply missed any posters etc that were published back in the day. If you have a poster, snippet or anything that could be classed as promotional for this title then please do send it in, please note however that we currently have a max of 3 images per titles in this section.
Note: Many of these instructions have been OCRed and may not have been proofread, as a result spelling errors, broken English and grammar are likely.
No instructions for this game, if you own them and are able to type up or OCR the originals then please do.
At address 9718 poke C9
At address 953A poke 00
For infinite lives. - submitted by Malc (CPC Zone Staff)
Hold down letters "TROWBRIDGE" and space simutaniously. - submitted by Extreme Gamer
Here's a few hints for this adventure classic:
1) Mucky grease gun - the mine cart
2) Plastic rain coat - stops rain from killing you
3) Acme bird seed - kills birds
4) Clover of Garlic - kills birds underground
5) Graveyard key - opens graveyard door
6) Inseciticide spray - kills spiders
7) Ghost hunters laser - kills ghosts
8) A can of 3 in 1 oil - lowers the drawbridge
9) Gardeners spade - opens ground next to cliff
10) Mushroom towel - moves the mushroom underground
11) Take a purse of gold to the hermits tree house, jump on top of his house to get a cloud with a silver lining
12) Take a broken heart to the angel
13) The sharp diamond opens the trapdoor near the crystal mountain
14) A strong crowbar opens a trapdoor at the bottom of the mountain
15) The rusty bolt cutters moves the island down the mine shaft
16) Use the torch to light the fire under the pot
17) When all the potion has been taken to the pot, get the empty bottle and drop it on top. You then have the potion. Go to Zaks and drop the potion at his feet.
Tips by Steve Wharton for Amstrad Action. - submitted by Malc (CPC Zone Staff)
Sorry we do not currently have any video for Dizzy if you would like to submit one please visit our forums and post your Youtube URL.
Loading Screen Comparison
From left to right (where available): Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64. Thanks to Lemon64 and WOS for helping me with this section.
Your Comments and Memories
Note : "Personal Ratings" are not ranked. You can still rate this game using the star rating on the right hand side, you're only allowed to rate a game once.
You can also discuss this game on our forums.
Corrections, Removal and Submissions
Submitting corrections : If you have spotted a mistake on this page (wrong synopsis etc) please contact us via the forums.
Removal : We will NOT make any changes to this page if:
- You are not the owner, publisher, developer or are otherwise involved in the production this title
- You have a product with a similar name and your website is not ranking as high in Google etc (some people are idiots)
Again, if you have no right to be asking for this page to be removed then we will simply ignore your request. If you are who you say you are then the changes or removal will be made.
Submissions : If you were involved in the making of this game, have information that we don't regarding this game (cheats, synopsis, scans) then you can submit your information on the forums and we will make the relevant changes to this page.